Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Diners, Drive-ins and Drives on Food Network.
Make and share this Chicken Fried Lamb Chops With Creamy Gravy recipe from Food.com.
FOR THE GRAVY
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups whole milk
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar (preferably turbinado sugar)
FOR THE LAMB
- oil, for frying
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 12 single-rib frenched lamb chops, 2 chops per person
- 2 cups buttermilk
- FOR THE GRAVY:.
- In a heavy-bottom saucepan, add flour and oil. Cook over medium heat for about 10 to 12 minutes whisking constantly until a peanut-brown color. Whisk in milk, salt, pepper, and sugar. Bring to a boil, continuing to whisk. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes whisking frequently until sauce thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon (not too thick, but not too thin). Make gravy before you fry the chops.
- FOR THE LAMB:.
- Add 1-inch of oil in a straight-sided 3-inch deep pan. Preheat oil in frying pan to 365°F Mix salt and pepper with flour. Dredge the lamb chops in the seasoned flour. Dip lamb chops in buttermilk, then back into the flour. Slowly add chops to preheated oil, about 4 per batch. Cook 2 minutes per side for medium doneness. Drain on a rack.
- Serve with gravy.