Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Forget the expensive chicken fried steak, use hamburger meat. This is a wonderful recipe! I use the same ingredients, that I use to make chicken fried steak.
- Put the 2 tbsp of oil in frying pan, and heat it up on medium heat.
- In a medium bowl mix the eggs salt and pepper, set aside.
- On a large plate make an even layer of the flour, set aside.
- I formed the hamburger meat into patties a little bigger then usual, about the size of a chicken fried steak, and made them as thin as possible.
- Then I put the pattie in the egg mixture. Let it soak a little, if you don't the meat will fall apart easy.
- Then I placed the pattie in the flour and coat both sides very well. Now this is my preference, I like to double dip my meat, now if you do that you need to be careful the hamburger meat doesn't fall apart.
- After I coat the pattie I put it in the frying pan. I usually let mine fry about 5 mins on each side ( I like them very dark and crispy).
- Then serve on a piece of bread and peppered gravy or with your favorite sides.