Poor Man's Chicken Fried Steak
- Ready In:
- 1 lb hamburger meat
- 1 egg, beaten
- cracker, crumbled finely
- salt and pepper
- Heat a small amount of oil in your pan for frying.
- Mix up meat and salt and pepper form into patties.
- Dip in the egg.
- Roll in cracker crumbs.
- Place in the oil and cook until needing to be flipped then flip and finish until desired doneness.
- Can be topped with mushroom soup for gravy or you can make a milk gravy.
- Other substitutions are adding garlic powder or onion soup mix or Worcestershire sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I agree with the previous reviewer, the mixture was a little too dry and I knew it before I dipped in the egg and cracker crumbs so I added some evaporated milk but if someone is not purchasing lean hamburger, this is the perfect recipe because there is enough fat content to make it juicy and not dry. I also added a little A-1 sauce to the meat for flavor but that is a personal prefence. Thanks for posting.