Recipe by Luby Luby Luby
This is a Tyler Florence recipe that is a very simple and easy dish that makes people think you are a gourmet cook.
Top Review by Stu L.
For a twist on the theme, use fresh grouper! I have made this several times, adapting the the recipe with thin sliced grouper instead of the chicken. It is fantastic! My friends and family love it, and I am impressed that it turns out so well. Treat the grouper the same as the chicken, although it is more delicate, this recipe lends itself well to the fish.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (4)
- all-purpose flour, for dredging
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, with rind cut in thin rounds
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken breasts side by side on a cutting board and cover with a piece of plastic wrap.
- Pound the chicken breasts with a meat mallet until they are about 1/4 inch thick.
- Place some all purpose flour in a large Zip Loc bag and season with a fair amount of salt and pepper.
- Shake bag to mix flour and seasonings.
- In a wide bowl beat the eggs with 3 tablespoons of water to make egg wash.
- Pour oil in a large skillet and heat over medium-high heat until oil is hot about 5-6 minutes.
- Place chicken breasts in Zip Loc bag containing seasoned flour mixture and shake to coat completely.
- Dredge chicken in egg wash.
- Once oil is hot add chicken and fry for 2 minutes on each side until golden brown, turning once.
- Remove chicken to a large platter and keep warm.
- Toss the lemon slices into the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the wine, chicken broth and lemon juice and simmer for 5 minutes to reduce the sauce slightly.
- Roll the butter in some flour and add to the skillet- this will thicken the sauce.
- Stir to mix well and dissolve the flour.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and return the chicken to the pan.
- Place the lemon slices on top of the chicken.
- Simmer gently for 2 minutes to heat the chicken through.
- Season with salt and apper and garnish with chopped parsley before serving.