from better homes and gardens nov 2008 recipe contest winner
Make and share this Chicken Florentine Artichoke Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces dry pasta, bowtie recommended
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook pasta according to package diretions, drain.
- In a medium skillet cook onion in 1 tbsp butter over medium heat about 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, milk, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 t black pepper, and crushed red pepper.
- Stir in chicken, monterey jack cheese, artichokes, spinach, tomatoes, half the parmesan, cooked pasta and onion. Transfer to a 3 qt baking dish.
- Bake covered for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the remaining parmesan, bread crumbs, paprika, and melted butter. Sprinkle mixture over pasta, bake uncovered for 10 minutes more or until golden.