Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Extremely crunchy chicken fingers, free of gluten and casein. To make 'vegan', use tofu for the chicken and soy-mayo for the egg. Use any flour combination. For the cereal, I used Mesa Sunrise.
- 3 large chicken breasts, cut into fingers
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons amaranth flour
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- fresh salt and pepper
- 3 cups gluten-free cereal, flaked variety, crushed
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, corn meal, garlic powder and salt/pepper.
- In a baggie, crush cereal, then pour onto plate.
- Dip each strip in flour mixture, then into egg, then press into cereal.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400°F for about 16 minutes, until no longer pink inside.
Very crunchy as promised. I did not add enough seasoning so it was a little bland. Next time I will either marinate the chicken or add a little more seasoning to the flour mixture. My husband, who is celiac, loved them and my daughter liked them too.