Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Extremely crunchy chicken fingers, free of gluten and casein. To make 'vegan', use tofu for the chicken and soy-mayo for the egg. Use any flour combination. For the cereal, I used Mesa Sunrise.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, corn meal, garlic powder and salt/pepper.
- In a baggie, crush cereal, then pour onto plate.
- Dip each strip in flour mixture, then into egg, then press into cereal.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400°F for about 16 minutes, until no longer pink inside.
Very crunchy as promised. I did not add enough seasoning so it was a little bland. Next time I will either marinate the chicken or add a little more seasoning to the flour mixture. My husband, who is celiac, loved them and my daughter liked them too.