1/2 Photos of Chicken Feta and Orzo Salad
1 hr 15 mins
Ashley S.'s Note:
Very refreshing for a picnic or just dinner at home! Very quick to throw together and can feed a lot of people! I could eat this everyday easily!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) box orzo pasta
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 large tomatoes, chunky dice
- 1 small red onion, small dice
- 1 (4 ounce) container crumbled feta cheese
- 2 -3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced super fine
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1Cook chicken, I season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Let cool and dice into bite size chunks.
- 2While chicken is cooking bring water to a boil and cook orzo. When time is up drain and rinse with cool water to cool it down. Let drain again, you don't want it to have too much water on it when you add it to the salad.
- 3In a bowl add chopped tomatoes, diced onion, feta, garlic, vinegar, oil, parsley, salt and pepper, orzo, and chicken. Mix to combine.
- 4Taste for seasoning.
- 5When I make this I generally don't measure my ingredients, so it may need more vinegar and oil, I like mine tart and you don't want it dry and the pasta will soak up a lot of this! After you taste for seasoning refrigerate for at least an hour to let all the flavors come together.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Feta and Orzo Salad
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 720.0
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 99.4 mg
- Sodium 484.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 44.5 g