Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I LIKE THIS RECIPE BECAUSE IT IS EASY AND FUN TO COOK PLUS IT IS HOT.THE DISH COMES FROM MEXICO.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded
- 1 green bell pepper, deseeded
- 1 yellow bell pepper, deseeded
- 1 Spanish onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons white flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh ground garlic
- 1⁄4 pint chicken stock
- 1 avocado
- 2 tomatoes, skinned and deseeded
- 1 clove garlic
- lemon juice
- 1⁄2 red chili pepper
- REMOVE SKIN AND BONE FROM CHICKEN.
- CUT INTO STRIPS,CUT PEPPERS INTO CHUNKY STRIPS.
- HEAT PAN ON GAS.
- MIX ALL SPICES AND FLOUR TOGETHER.
- COAT CHICKEN WITH SPICE MIXTURE AND SAUTE IN THE PAN FOR 3 TO 4 MINUTES.
- COMBINE AVOCADO CHILE LEMON JUICE AND GARLIC IN A FOOD PROCESSOR UNTIL SMOOTH.
- LIGHTLY COAT VEGETABLES WITH SPICE MIX AND ADD TO PAN.
- FRY FOR ONE MINUTE AND PLACE IN A HOT OVEN (USE ONLY CAST IRON PANS) FOR ANOTHER FOUR MINUTES.
- HEAT SIZZLE PLATES ON GAS RINGS.
- PLACE THEM ON THE WOODEN BASES.
- REMOVE PAN FROM THE OVEN,PORTION THE CHICKEN ONTO EACH PLATE.
- ADD SOME WARMED STOCK AND STAND BACK.
- SERVE WITH FLOUR TORTILLAS AND GUACAMOLE.
The outside of the chicken was flavorfull, but the inside was bland chicken.
Hey There- This was an easy recipe and very tasty. From start to finish it took about 15 minutes, looked good and went over very well with the BF, who loves good Mexican food. I did add about 2 T. hot pepper flakes when cooking-we like it really hot.