Recipe by EmmyDuckie
This is one of those recipes you make up by accident. I found some chili pepper flavored pasta, and had to try it, then had to figure out what to do with it. This is what I came up with using ingredients I always have around. If you can't find Chili Pepper pasta, use regular, or feel free to sub another flavor.
Top Review by **Tinkerbell**
I've never seen chili pepper pasta but will definitely be on the lookout now! This recipe was really beyond my expectations. DH doesn't like spaghetti noodles in anything, but I thought they would look the best with the slices of chicken, onion & peppers (I used green, red & orange bell peppers) & to my surprise he said that this is the first recipe he's ever enjoyed spagetti noodles with! I didn't have any quacamole left, used my own homemade taco seasoning recipe (chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder and dried onion flakes) & I really wouldn't change anything, but would like to try Recipe #28011 that I have made up with this next time. We'll make this one again as it's super quick & easy for a weeknight menu! Thanks, Emmy! Made for ZWT 5 - Ali Baba's Babes. :)
- 1 (12 2/3 ounce) package chili pepper pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 large bell peppers, any color
- 1 medium onion
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1⁄2 cup guacamole
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 6 lime wedges
- tortilla chips (to garnish) (optional)
- fresh cilantro (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. set aside and keep warm.
- Cut chicken into strips, coat with taco seasoning.
- Cut onion and bell pepper into strips.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large nonstick pan, over medium high heat. Add chicken, and cook through. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- If needed, add remaining oil to pan. Add onion and peppers, cook until slightly softened.
- Portion pasta onto plates, top with chicken, peppers and onions.
- Sprinkle each serving with cheese, top with salsa, sour cream, and guacamole, garnish with lime wedges, cilantro, and chips.