1 hr 55 mins
This is an EASY make-ahead supper that is good enough for company.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Season chicken with salt and pepper; place with garlic on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of breast (avoiding bone) registers 165 degrees, 25-30 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine salsa and cream.
- 4Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Once chicken in cool enough to handle, shred meat, discarding skin and bones. Peel and chop garlic.
- 5In a large bowl, combine chicken, garlic, and 1/2 cup salsa mixture.
- 6stack tortillas flat, and wrap in damp paper towels; microwave on high for 1 minute to soften. Working with one tortilla at a time, dip in salsa mixture, lay flat, and fill with 1/3 cup chicken mixture. Roll up and arrange, seam side down, 8 enchiladas lengthwise and 4 crosswise in a 9X13" baking dish. Top with remaining salsa mixture, then cheese.
- 7Bake until cheese is browned and salsa is bubbling, 40-45 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes. Serve, sprinkled with cilantro.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Enchiladas With Creamy Green Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (519 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 870.6
- Calories from Fat 466
- Total Fat 51.8 g
- Saturated Fat 24.6 g
- Cholesterol 239.5 mg
- Sodium 1493.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 68.1 g