Chicken Enchiladas With Creamy Green Sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper; place with garlic on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of breast (avoiding bone) registers 165 degrees, 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine salsa and cream.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Once chicken in cool enough to handle, shred meat, discarding skin and bones. Peel and chop garlic.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, garlic, and 1/2 cup salsa mixture.
- stack tortillas flat, and wrap in damp paper towels; microwave on high for 1 minute to soften. Working with one tortilla at a time, dip in salsa mixture, lay flat, and fill with 1/3 cup chicken mixture. Roll up and arrange, seam side down, 8 enchiladas lengthwise and 4 crosswise in a 9X13" baking dish. Top with remaining salsa mixture, then cheese.
- Bake until cheese is browned and salsa is bubbling, 40-45 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes. Serve, sprinkled with cilantro.