Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is one of my favorite recipes. I play with it to my likes. It is real enchilada sauce that is worth the work. I have never tasted the can and I dont think I want to. I have a family of 7 and when I make this it's all gone.
- 4 -5 chicken breasts
- 20 -28 corn tortillas
- 2 -3 cloves garlic
- 1⁄2 onion
- 4 -5 dried red chilies
- 2 tomatoes
- 6 cups water
- 1⁄2-1 cup flour
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 -2 cup cheese
- 1 avocado
- 1⁄2 head lettuce
- 1 lime
- 4 -7 springs cilantro
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oil
- shredded lettuce
- chopped cilantro
- chopped tomato
- chopped onion
- sliced avocado
- wedges lime
- Sautee 1/4 onions and garlic in oil.
- Add the water, bay leaf, chicken, 1 tomatoe, salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil.
- Take out chicken to cool and shred.
- Add dried chiles to boiling mixture until soft.
- Place chiles (without seeds), garlic, onion, 1/4 cup broth and tomatoe in blender until smooth.
- Return mixture to broth and add flour until desired thickness.
- Mix some sauce in with the chicken.
- Soak each tortilla in sauce before placing chicken, cheese and olives in each and then rolling it.
- Before baking at 350 degrees throw some sauce then cheese and olives on top of them.
Yummy! I assumed the olives mentioned in the directions were chopped ripe olives. Turned out great!