Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a quick meal for working moms - using canned chicken only shortens the time spent in the kitchen. Serve with salad.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Stir soup and sour cream until smooth, set aside.
- Saute onion and chili powder in hot margarine until onion is tender.
- Stir in chicken, chiles and 2 Tablespoon of soup mixture.
- Remove from heat.
- Make enchiladas by placing approximately 1/4 c of chicken mixture in flour tortilla and rolling into enchilada.
- Place seam side down in greased baking dish.
- Top with remaining soup mixture.
- Bake covered 15-20 minutes; top with cheese and bake uncovered until cheese melts.
- I steam the tortillas before making enchiladas- you can purchase a small steamer for your microwave that is very inexpensive and easy to use.
- I also microwave my enchiladas for 7-8 minutes on high instead of cooking in the oven- the taste is not changed and it is much quicker.
The 3 guests I served your recipe to had never eaten "Mexican" before.(Did not know that at the time.) The couple are senior citizens, and their daughter is in her 30's. They looked at one another with a "wary" eye but did sit down to eat. With the first bite the response was, "THIS IS WONDERFUL," The compliments continued throughout the entire meal. So, thank you for making dinner such a great success. I did add some dried cilantro to the chicken mixture and used more chicken than called for. In doing so, I added a bit more chili powder, too. We topped the enchilladas with chopped lettuce, tomatoes, black olives and sour cream.