1/1 Photo of Chicken Enchiladas
Quick & Easy Homemade Chicken Enchiladas makes 10-12 enchiladas, GREAT leftovers and to take to work for lunch, reheats very well!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 (12 1/2 ounce) cans tyson's canned white chicken meat
- 1 (16 ounce) jar enchilada sauce (I used food lion brand, have tried them all, it tastes best)
- 10 -15 burrito-size flour tortillas (depends on how much "stuff" you punt in each one)
If you like spicy my family does I add at least one of the following
- 1You will also need: 2 9x13 pyrex casserole dishes.
- 2Put cream cheese in large mixing bowl, soften in microwave 30-45 seconds.
- 3Add your spice of choice if any.
- 4Drain chicken, pour into bowl, mix chicken and cream cheese, and spice, once mixed well, add 1/4 cup of the enchilada sauce, mix well, add 1-2 cups of cheese (or however much you and family prefer, my family loves cheese so i use a lot ).
- 5Add more sauce if you feel it's needed, if you add too much, no worries, add some more cheese.
- 6Spry pyrex dishes with cooking spray to prevent enchiladas from sticking.
- 7I use a rubber spatula, i place about 1/4 cup of mixture onto a tortilla an spread it out down the middle of the tortilla. Fold over one end of the tortilla perpendicular to the mix then roll up tortilla. Place in pyrex, repeat until mix is gone.
- 8Pour remaining enchilada sauce over top of enchiladas.
- 9Sprinkle desired amount of cheese on top of enchiladas.
- 10Cook uncovered for 30 min at 350.
- 111 tortilla = 1 serving.
- 12Makes about 10 tortillas, the more mix you put on each tortilla, the less tortillas you get. I usually make 10, my husband and son eat 2 and i eat one, the rest get taken to work by my husband and I.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 591.9
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 121.5 mg
- Sodium 1556.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 35.6 g