Prep 50 mins
Cook 25 mins
Kid friendly for kids that don't like spicy foods. Great for the whole family too.
- 12 flour tortillas
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese, grated
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 green onions, chopped (optional)
- black olives, chopped (optional)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cangreen chili with pork (optional)
- Boil chicken breasts in water (about 40 minutes). Cool. Shred chicken. Sprinkle chicken with chili powder and cumin (to taste if you don't want any spices, leave out.) Original recipe didn't call for chili powder or cumin.
- In each tortilla, put chicken, jack cheese (use about half and keep remainder for top of enchiladas) and green chili.
- Roll up and place in 9 x 13 baking dish (sprayed with non-stick cooking spray).
- Mix soup and 1/3 cup water. Pour over enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses and remaining green chili. If using green onions and olives, sprinkle on top now.
- Bake at 375°F for 17-23 minutes or until bubbly.
We really liked these! I reduced the amounts to make a half batch which was easy to do and increased the cumin to a teaspoon per our taste. I didn't have green onions so used regular yellow, but don't think it hampered the taste at all. I used "about half" the amount of cheese and there was still plenty for us to enjoy a cheesy, simple to prepare and quick dinner! Thanks for sharing your recipe we'll enjoy again! :)