Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
April 2006 Woman's Day - Really good and easy to make! A wonderful change on a regular recipe! The chicken can be replaced with beef, pork or turkey
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle green chili salsa, mild
- 3⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 -2 teaspoon cumin, depends on taste
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄4 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 4 ounces green chilies, chopped
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed as directed
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. Coat a 9x13 baking with non stick cooking spray.
- Whisk soup and 1/2 soup can of water in a bowl until smooth. Stir in salsa, 1/4 cilantro and cumin.
- In another bowl, combine chicken, 3/4 cup each cheese blend and sauce, the corn, chiles and remaining cilantro.
- Working with one tortilla at a time, spoon a scant 1/3 cup chicken mixture down center. Roll up and place seam side down in baking dish. Repeat.
- Pour remining sauce over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil. Bake 30 minutes. uncover and bake 20 minutes longer, or until sauce bubbles around edges and cheese has melted.
- Serve with pico de gallo.
OK. This recipe sounded good to me. So I decided to give it a shot. It was GREAT! Easy and full of flavor. I used rotisserie chicken from the market. I took it to a friend's house for a Mexican night and we all loved it! I will make it again and again.... Thank you for posting it. Oh and it refers to cumin in the recipe but not in the ingredients so I added one teaspoon.