Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Better than eating out!
- 10 -15 flour tortillas or 10 -15 corn tortillas
- 1 (15 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 -2 cup shredded cooked chicken meat
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) candiced jalapenos
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese or 8 ounces monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 avocado
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet over low to medium heat, slowly melt cream cheese. Mix in diced jalapenos and chicken.
- Grease a 2 qt baking dish.
- Place about 10 tortillas on a plate and cover with a wet paper towel. Microwave for 20 seconds to soften them.
- Place about 1 tablespoons of cream cheese mixture into each tortilla and roll tight. Place in casserole. Continue this process until casserole is full of rolled up enchiladas.
- Pour enchilada sauce to cover all enchiladas.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top of casserole.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until bubbly but cheese is not burned.
- Garnish with shredded lettuce and raw avocado slices.