Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a recipe a friend showed me how to make. I am posting it here because I keep losing the recipe card and then finding it in odd places... I blame the toddlers. :) The basic: green sauce, sour cream, tortilla, cheese and chicken is very good in a pinch. It also freezes the best of any frozen enchiladas I've had, so I like to make 3 or 4 batches at a time and freeze for later or give away.
- 12 chicken tenderloins, cooked and diced
- 1 (28 ounce) can green enchilada sauce, medium
- 1 cup sour cream
- 12 -15 corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, to cook tortillas
- 2 -3 cups grated cheese
- 1 cup onion, diced (optional)
- 1 (4 ounce) can olives, sliced (or diced) (optional)
- 1 (7 ounce) can green chilies (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook tortillas in olive oil on both side so they don't tear when rolling.
- Combine enchilada sauce and sour cream in a bowl.
- Pour a few tbsp of sauce in the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish.
- Assemble enchiladas. Put a little sauce, cheese, chicken and whatever else you choose in a tortilla and roll it up. *.
- When the tortillas are full-- pour left over chicken and sauce over enchiladas and cover with grated cheese.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 more minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- * I have also layered the ingredients like a lasagna. Be creative and have fun with it. :).