This recipe appears by special request. Creamy chicken and green chilies I use the regular sized tortillas.. not the large ones.I overlap the tortillas to make the layer. I make it up in an oblong serving dish, I think it is about a 9 1/2 inch by 11 inch pan. But any size you would put 1 full cake mix into will work well . I love this recipe.
- 3 -4 chicken breasts (or 6 Halves)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced green chilies (hot or mild, or a small can of each)
- 1 (10 ounce) package cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 corn tortillas
- 16 ounces sour cream
- Place Chicken in large saucepan and cover with water.
- Sprinkle in a handful of oregano,add garlic powder and salt.
- Boil about 20 minutes and shred from bones.
- Save broth.
- Mix soups, sour cream & chiles in large pan.
- Add only enough broth to slightly thin.
- Re-season as needed.
- Simmer on low 15 minutes.
- Add chicken and diced onion.
- In casserole dish, arrange 6 Tortillas flat across bottom, spoon in 1/2 the sauce, sprinkle 1/2 the cheese.
- Repeat- Tortillas, sauce and cheese.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.