Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe that I came up with in a pinch for the IT guys at work. Through the years I have perfected it and finally on many request have written it down. Enjoy!!!!
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion
- 2 diced garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons diced cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, Divided
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano, Divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
- 3 cups kraft mexican mixed cheeses
- 2 cups monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Prepare Chicken anyway you would like. I place mine in the pressure cooker with chicken broth, onion, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon cummin and 1/2 teaspoons mexican oregano. Shred chicken, dice it or slice it, however you want it, place it in a bowl and combined cummin, pepper, mexican oregano and any other seasonings you would like. Mix seasoning well into chicken and set aside.
- In a bowl combine: both soups, diced chilies, sour cream, milk, all remaining seasonings and cilantro, 1 1/2 cups mexican mixed cheese.
- Mix well, set to the side.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a 13x9 baking dish, cover the bottom of the pan with a thin layer of soup mixture.
- Lay a tortilla shell out and place a tablespoon of soup mixture on the shell spoon the chicken mixture into tortillas, and roll up. Place the rolls seam side down in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Continue till dish is full (depending on amount of chicken/cheese mixture you use per tortilla) cover the tortillas with the remaining soup mixture to cover. Sprinkle pepper jack cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the enchiladas are golden brown on the top.
This is clearly the best chicken mixture recipe ever. I love it. Yesterday I used it to make chicken tamales and chicken enchiladas. I substituted the milk & sour cream for heavy whipping cream because that was all I had and it worked perfectly.
Made half the recipe, using chicken soup and omitting chilies. Served with Easy Layered Taco Pie #198669 for a great fiesta type supper. Thanks for an easy treat kimschmee. Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2011.