Top Review by scartier78
This was a easy and tastey meal. I served it with egg noodles. It went over well. from my 7 month old to my 35 yr old. (lol) ate it the next day for lunch as well. I omitted the cream of chicken, did not have it I replaced it with cream of celery. I also chaged the vegtables.. I just 1 can of mixed vegies.Instead of water I used chicken broth. It helped "up" the chcken taste since I didnt use cream of chicken. It was great! thanks a bunch!
- 4 -5 chicken thighs or 1 small stewing chicken
- 2 cups water
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green peas
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, diced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules (or powder)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil thighs (or small whole stewing chicken)in water & chicken stock until done (juice runs clear when you pierce them).
- Remove chicken pieces and set aside to cool.
- Add onion, celery, peas and carrots and return to the boil.
- Skin, debone and cut up chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Add chicken and mushroom soups, garlic, spices and chicken pieces to soup, whisk until thoroughly mixed and return to a boil.
- Turn down and simmer for approx 20 minutes.
- Add dumplings from Recipe #30965 (optional) and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.