1/4 Photos of Chicken & Dumplings (Or Easy Chicken Stew - Minus the Dumpli
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -5 chicken thighs or 1 small stewing chicken
- 2 cups water
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 1/4 cup carrot, diced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules (or powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1Boil thighs (or small whole stewing chicken)in water & chicken stock until done (juice runs clear when you pierce them).
- 2Remove chicken pieces and set aside to cool.
- 3Add onion, celery, peas and carrots and return to the boil.
- 4Skin, debone and cut up chicken into bite sized pieces.
- 5Add chicken and mushroom soups, garlic, spices and chicken pieces to soup, whisk until thoroughly mixed and return to a boil.
- 6Turn down and simmer for approx 20 minutes.
- 7Add dumplings from Dumplings (optional) and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- 8Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken & Dumplings (Or Easy Chicken Stew - Minus the Dumpli
Serving Size: 1 (394 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.4
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 47.8 mg
- Sodium 789.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 14.7 g