Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
A very quick and easy recipe to prepare. The ginger/plum sauce gives the chicken a delightful flavor.
Top Review by Nicole N
This was absolutely divine. I made the recipe with chicken thighs as I couldn't figure out what drummettes were (drumsticks?). We had it with rice and a stirfry and the whole family adored it. This is most definitely a keeper. Thank you, Uncle Bill, for sharing this receipe with us. I'll definitely be making this again soon.
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs chicken drummettes, with skin
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh gingerroot
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped shallot (or onion)
- 2⁄3 cup plum sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch or 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Add chicken drumettes and cook for about 15 minutes until lightly browned all over and cooked through.
- Drain excess oil and discard.
- Leave chicken in frying pan.
- Add chopped garlic, grated ginger, chopped shallots, plum sauce and soy sauce and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl, mix together tapioca starch and water until smooth.
- Add mixture to pan in small amounts and continue cooking until sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Serve hot.
- This is also very good re-heated.
- Chicken thighs are excellent in this recipe.