Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
From the Femina but adapted. Served with a coriander salsa. Healthy tasty, different.
For the dough
- 2 cups flour (250 g)
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
For the filling
- 2 cups ground chicken (250 g)
- 2 tablespoons chopped spring onions (30 g)
- 1 onion, chopped (50 g)
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 3 -5 drops sesame oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
For the coriander salsa
- 2 ripe tomatoes (80 g)
- 1 fresh red chili pepper, chopped (5 g)
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Make a stiff dough with the salt and very hot water and keep aside to rest for an hour.
- Saute the onions in a little oil and add the rest of the filling ingredients.
- Saute till the chicken is pinkish brown.
- To prepare the coriander salsa: Blanch the tomatoes in boiling water, then peel and deseed.
- Chop finely and mix with the chopped red chilli, garlic, cumin powder and coriander leaves.
- Add lime juice and salt to taste.
- To assemble: Divide the dough into 24 parts, and roll each portion into thin circles.
- Place the chicken filling in the centre and shape the dimsum using your hands.
- Bring all the sides together and shape it like a pouch.
- This is how I do it.
- I also shape them into squares and seal from the sides.
- YOu can use your own methods or even use ready wonton skins for this recipe.
- Steam for 10 to 15 minutes and serve hot with the coriander salsa.