1/4 Photos of Chicken Dijon
From Food & Wine, Oct 2011. I haven't tried this yet- posting for safekeeping. The author specifies drumsticks for this recipe, but I think thighs would work equally well, just adjust the cooking time slightly. Serve with crusty bread to soak up the sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 chicken drumsticks (about 3 pounds total)
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons creme fraiche or 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1In a large dry skillet, toast the coriander seeds until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Let cool, then crush coarsely in a mortar with a pestle.
- 2In the same skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then add to the skillet and cook until brown on all sides, about 10 minutes. Add the onion and cook until softened, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the broth and crushed coriander and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over medium low heat until the chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a platter, cover and keep warm.
- 3In a small bowl, whisk the mustard with the creme fraiche and tarragon. Whisk this mixture into the skillet, and simmer until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Return the chicken to the pan, and turn to coat.
- 4Note: This can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Dijon
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 365.4
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 133.6 mg
- Sodium 239.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 31.0 g