Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
It's good with Cognac or Brandy. I prefer Cognac. Simple, quick and delicious.
Make and share this Chicken Diane recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large boneless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives or 3 tablespoons green onions, including some green parts
- 1 -2 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 lemons, juice of or lime
- 2 tablespoons brandy or 2 tablespoons cognac
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chpd
- 2 teaspoons dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- This goes together quickly, so have all of the ingredients assembled before beginning to cook.
- Place chicken breast halves between sheets of waxed paper.
- Pound slightly with a mallet to thin a little.
- Sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Heat the oil and butter together in a skillet.
- Cook chicken over medium high heat for approximately.
- 4 minutes on a side.
- Do not over cook.
- Transfer to a warm serving platter.
- Add chives or green onion, garlic, lime or lemon juice, brandy or cognac, parsley and mustard to the pan.
- Cook 15 to 30 seconds, whisking constantly.
- Whisk in chicken broth.
- Stir until sauce is smooth.
- Pour over the warm, plated chicken breasts& serve immediately.
We fell in love with Chicken Diane! Yummmmmmy. I had to sub fresh rosemary instead of the parsley, and I found it needed a little additional chicken broth. Great advice to have everything ready to go before starting. Wonderful flavors here. It went beautifully with red potato and green bean saute. Thanks Bliss!
Loved this!! I must say I really botched it by not pounding the breasts, so mine went a bit differently: I browned the breasts on both sides for about 5 minutes, removed, added all sauce ingredients and the chicken back in, covered and finished in the oven. I used lemon and brandy bc thats what I had. Great with Vanilla Sweet Potatoes and green beans.