Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Chicken cooked with black beans. Serve with hot, cooked rice.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs broiler-fryer chickens, cut up
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Sprinkle chicken with freshly ground pepper to taste.
- In a 12 inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Saute chicken about three minutes on each side; remove from pan.
- To pan drippings, add onion, green pepper, jalapeno pepper and garlic. Cook two minutes, or until onions are softened. Stir in cumin, tomatoes, lemon juice and black beans.
- Return chicken to pan; cover and simmer 20 minutes. Remove lid and continue to cook until chicken is done and juices run clear, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with rice.