Chicken cooked with black beans. Serve with hot, cooked rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 lbs broiler-fryer chickens, cut up
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 large tomato, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1Sprinkle chicken with freshly ground pepper to taste.
- 2In a 12 inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Saute chicken about three minutes on each side; remove from pan.
- 3To pan drippings, add onion, green pepper, jalapeno pepper and garlic. Cook two minutes, or until onions are softened. Stir in cumin, tomatoes, lemon juice and black beans.
- 4Return chicken to pan; cover and simmer 20 minutes. Remove lid and continue to cook until chicken is done and juices run clear, about 10 minutes.
- 5Serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Cuban Style
Serving Size: 1 (570 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1010.1
- Calories from Fat 575
- Total Fat 63.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 297.9 mg
- Sodium 283.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 81.6 g