Prep 15 mins
Cook 28 mins
I got this recipe from the July/August 2006 edition of Simple & Delicious magazine. This savory sandwich ring takes advantage of convenience products, including refrigerated crescent rolls, french-fried onions and a side dish from the freezer section. It's quick and easy, but looks like you spent hours on it.
- 1 (12 ounce) packagefrozen spinach souffle
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- Heat spinach souffle according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the chicken, onions and Parmesan cheese, set aside.
- Unroll crescent rolls; separate into eight triangles. Arrange on an ungreased 12 inch round baking pan or pizza pan, forming a ring with pointed-ends facing the outer edge of pan and wide ends overlapping.
- Stir souffle into chicken mixture; spoon over side ends of rolls. Fold points over filling and tuck under wide-ends (filling will be visible).
- Bake at 375°F for 11 - 13 minutes or until golden brown.
These were very tasty and looked lovely. My wreath shape didn't come out quite right because I don't think I overlapped the edges enough but the individual crescents looked great too. At first, I thought I was going to have a ton of filling left over so I went back and added the rest. They didn't overflow, so really pile the filling on! This will be great for parties, showers, potlucks...any kind of get together because they taste great hot and at room temperature. Plus, they are simple to put together! Thanks for sharing.