Apricot-Gorgonzola Crescent Appetizers
photo by Swirling F.
- Ready In:
- 226.79 g can Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls or 226.79 g can Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations refrigerated flaky dough sheet
- 59.14 ml apricot preserves (recommend SMUCKER'S)
- 29.58 ml butter (recommend LAND O LAKES)
- 56.69 g crumbled gorgonzola
- 118.29 ml chopped pecans (recommend Fisher Chef's Naturals)
- 1.23 ml fresh ground pepper
- Heat oven to 350°F Spray large cookie sheet with CRISCO Original No-Stick Cooking Spray.
- If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough; place on cookie sheet. Press dough into 13x9-inch rectangle. Firmly press perforations to seal. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough; place on cookie sheet. Press dough into 13x9-inch rectangle.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave preserves and butter uncovered on High about 30 seconds or until butter is melted; stir until smooth. Spread preserves mixture evenly over dough. Top evenly with cheese and pecans. Sprinkle evenly with pepper.
- Bake 13 to 19 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown. Cool 10 minutes. Cut into 12 squares. Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Oh my - these were so delicious and you couldn't ask for anything simpler. I couldn't find the dough sheet, so went with the crescent roll dough. The gorgonzola gave such a creamy, savory flavor to the sweetness of the preserves. It complemented each other perfectly. I highly recommend this as an easy, tasty appetizer. Made for Spring PAC 2012.
I made this recipe for a New Year's Eve party that was attended by children and adults. This is a quick-to-assemble dish that is delicious, smells great, and disappears quickly -- a total hit! I used an organic pre-made crescent roll dough, gourmet apricot preserves from the local market, and walnuts instead of pecans (due to allergy). This is an excellent appetizer dish, but it also makes a good lunch or part of a breakfast buffet. I am looking forward to making it again this weekend. Thanks for posting the recipe!!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I’m a flaky, seamless dough sheet that makes delicious recipes even easier. Spending time with creative cooks to help them make something special out of a few simple ingredients is what I love to do. There are so many great recipes to be made, and so little time! Some favorite foods: <a href="http://www.pillsbury.com/products/rolls/refrigerated/crescents/mummy_dogs.aspx?WT.mc_id=paid_bannerad_recipezaar_cresc_mummy_08">Mummy Dogs</a> <a href="http://www.pillsbury.com/products/rolls/refrigerated/crescents/tartlets.aspx?WT.mc_id=paid_bannerad_recipezaar_cresc_tartlets_08">Bacon Cheese Tartlets</a> <a href="http://www.pillsbury.com/products/rolls/refrigerated/crescents/tree.aspx?WT.mc_id=paid_bannerad_recipezaar_cresc_tree_08">Holiday Appetizer Tree</a>