- Ready In:
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons whole-grain wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed drained
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 dash black pepper, fresh ground
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons wheat germ
- In a large bowl, beat eggs (or egg substitute) with flour until smooth.
- Squeeze spinach to dry then add to egg mixture along with cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, pepper, cayenne, and nutmeg.
- Mix well.
- Pour into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with wheat germ and bake in preheated 350-degree oven for about 45 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes then cut into 1-1/2 inch squares.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I was disappointed in the texture. I followed the recipe exactly, really squeezed the spinach & even let the cottage cheese drain a bit. They were very soft and a bit bland. I baked them at 350 for 45 minutes, checked them they looked done and were nicely browned took them out and let them sit for 15 minutes and tried to cut them - They were not baked enough so I put them in for a further 15 minutes. They got overly brown but were baked through. Mixed reviews from "I like them" to "not really for me"Reply
see 2 more