Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I always love a good sandwiches. There perfect when your flying out the door and need something to eat. You can take almost anything and just slap it in between two peices of bread and away you go. Although this recipe takes alitlle more time, it's well worth. It's Gourmet meets Down Home Cooking. Enjoy............Chef Travis W Holland
- 8 ounces chicken breasts, hormone free skinless and boneless
- 2 slices ham, Organic
- 1⁄4 cup unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme, fresh
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tomatoes (heirloom or a vine ripe tomato)
- 2 hoagie rolls
- 2 leaves butter lettuce
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, to spread on sandwich if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lay the chicken breast between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, gently pound the chicken to 1/4-inch thickness. Remove the top sheet of plastic. Sprinkle the thyme and minced garlic over the chicken breast and lay 2 slices of ham over the top to cover the breast and then sprinkle the Swiss cheese over the ham. Tuck in the sides of the breast and roll up tight.
- Season the flour with salt and pepper. Mix the bread crumbs with kosher salt, pepper, and melted butter (this will help make the crust golden brown). Beat the egg in a shallow bowl.
- Lightly pat the chicken with flour, dip in the egg mixture and then cover in the bread crumbs. Lightly coat a baking pan with olive oil and carefully transfer it. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 350 until browned and cooked through.
- Let the Cordon Blue Rest for at least 4-5 minute (It will keep it juicer).
- Slice the focacia in half and then put the mayo on it. Slice the Cordon blue on a bias and stack it on the focacia. Slice the tomatoes and place on top of cordon blue, top with lettuce and the other piece of the focacia…………….and enjoy.
- By: Chef Travis W Holland.