Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This dish sounds fancy but it is so easy to make and my family loves it. Serve with salad and french bread or rolls for a quick, easy meal.
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 6 slices ham
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- dry breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken breasts in lightly greased baking dish.
- Top each with ham slice, then cheese slice.
- In medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients, except for bread crumbs.
- Mix well and pour over chicken.
- Top all with bread crumbs to cover.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
This was absolutely delicious! Since most of my family doesn't care for the taste of sour cream, I used creme fraiche instead. For such a simple recipe to prepare, it delivered a wonderful flavor. Perfectly seasoned for our tastes. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
It was pretty yummy but my husband said it needed thinner chicken and that it could of been cooked longer. We will have again, thanks!!!!
I honestly didn't care for this recipe. It was too satly and garlicy for my taste and I typically love salt and garlic. I also had to cook it for a half hour longer than stated and I even butterflied my chicken breasts beforehand. I might try it again using no salt or garlic powder and cream of mushroom soup.