Recipe by carrie sheridan
Chicken breasts, 2 cans of soup, chicken broth, sliced onion, butter, sliced mushrooms if desired, oregano or thyme if desired...can add dumplings or brown rice at the end...delicious, stick to your ribs comfort food...
- 3 -4 organic chicken breasts
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans water
- 2 teaspoons betterthanbouillon chicken base
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme or 2 teaspoons dried oregano, if desired
- 2 -4 cups sliced mushrooms, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Into a 4 or 6 quart slow cooker, put 2 cans of soup, 2 cans of hot after with chicken bouillon base dissolved in it, sliced onion, chicken breasts (frozen or thawed) sliced mushrooms (if desired), dried thyme or dried oregano (if desired).
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts and shred with your hands or a fork. Put chicken back in crockpot.
- Make dumplings from a favorite recipe (flour, butter, milk or water) OR add 1 cup uncooked rice plus 3/4 cup water. Stir.
- Cook on low for an addition 45 minutes for dumplings, 2 hours for rice. If cooking rice, stir if you are around every 30 minutes so rice doesn't stick to botttom.
- Keep warm until serving. Delicious.
- *can be made without rice or dumplings and served over rice or with bread --
- * can add potatoes, carrots, beans, anything -- .