6 hrs 15 mins
carrie sheridan's Note:
Chicken breasts, 2 cans of soup, chicken broth, sliced onion, butter, sliced mushrooms if desired, oregano or thyme if desired...can add dumplings or brown rice at the end...delicious, stick to your ribs comfort food...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Into a 4 or 6 quart slow cooker, put 2 cans of soup, 2 cans of hot after with chicken bouillon base dissolved in it, sliced onion, chicken breasts (frozen or thawed) sliced mushrooms (if desired), dried thyme or dried oregano (if desired).
- 3Cook on high for 4-6 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- 4Remove chicken breasts and shred with your hands or a fork. Put chicken back in crockpot.
- 5Make dumplings from a favorite recipe (flour, butter, milk or water) OR add 1 cup uncooked rice plus 3/4 cup water. Stir.
- 6Cook on low for an addition 45 minutes for dumplings, 2 hours for rice. If cooking rice, stir if you are around every 30 minutes so rice doesn't stick to botttom.
- 7Keep warm until serving. Delicious.
- 8*can be made without rice or dumplings and served over rice or with bread --
- 9* can add potatoes, carrots, beans, anything -- .
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Comfort Food in a Crockpot
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.7
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 81.5 mg
- Sodium 1130.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 27.5 g