Recipe by English_Rose
Adapted from Allrecipes. This heavenly spiced soup is so easy to make and warms you through on cold rainy evenings. This large batch is great for feeding a crowd, and also freezes well.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and diced
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and diced
- 2 onions, diced
- 5 ounces frozen sweetcorn
- 2 (14 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes
- 14 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat some oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Cook and stir chicken, peppers and onion until chicken is brown and peppers are just tender. Stir in corn, beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce and water.
- Season with salt and pepper, chili powder, parsley, garlic, cayenne and cumin. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 30 minutes.