Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A southwestern spicy winter chowder, to warm you up.
- 8 ounces chicken
- 1 quart low sodium chicken broth
- 12 ounces chilies, chopped (I use Bueno brand frozen extra hot green chilies)
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb potato (baby reds, with skin are great)
- 16 ounces corn (Trader Joe's frozen roasted is the best)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and sauté chicken and garlic until chicken is no longer pink.
- Quarter the potatoes.
- Add mushrooms and sauté briefly.
- Add potatoes, chilies and broth. Season w/cumin.
- Simmer until potatoes are soft.
- Add corn and reheat until corn is hot.
- Take off the heat and add the half and half.
- Serve with tortillas.