Recipe by SLW81
This is a great and easy recipe that my mom gave me a few years ago. It makes a lot and is great on a cold night! We like to set the meal up buffet style when we have company with big bowls, the crock pot full of chili and then a huge collection of topping!. Here are a few we have used. Sliced black olives, chucks or slices of avocado, shredded white and/or cheddar cheese, sour cream, torn up tortillas, tortilla chips, chives and salsa. Basically anything you can think of!!
- 3 -4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package McCormick mild chili seasoning
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) Old El Paso green chilies
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Chicken breast can either be canned or freshly cooked. If canned use two large cans of white breast meat in water. If you want to cook your own I would suggest baking it in the oven and not boiling it. I think boiled chicken is too dry.
- Drain the water out of the cans of chicken.
- Dump chicken and all the other cans (liquid and all) into either a crock pot or a large pot on the stove.
- Simmer for 1 hour.