Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Obesity Help. This recipe was posted by Heidi S.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, cut in bite-size pieces
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup celery, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 30 ounces dark red kidney beans
- 15 ounces white beans (1 can)
- 30 ounces sliced tomatoes or 30 ounces chopped tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup orange cheddar cheese
- Place oil in large skillet - I use a cast iron dutch oven.
- Add chicken, peppers, onions and celery, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring and separating as it cooks.
- Add beans, tomatoes, water, tomato paste, worcestershire sauce, chili powder,and garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Ladel hot chili into individual bowls: top with grated parmesan and orange cheddar cheese.