Recipe by Mille®
I found this tasty recipe in a package of flour tortillas. Great way to use up leftover poultry!
Top Review by Evie*
Recently made Quesadillas for the first time so this sounded really good. After I took this out of the oven I added to the top 1/2 sliced green bell pepper,1 chilli, one sliced tomato, a 1/2 cup sliced black olives and then put the sour cream on top. It was divine. Thanks for posting =)
- 4 large flour tortillas, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced/shredded cooked chicken or 1 cup diced/shredded cooked turkey
- 3⁄4 cup salsa (as spicy or mild as you like)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese or 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- sour cream (optional) or guacamole (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in a large skillet until hot.
- Cook tortilla strips in hot oil for 30 to 60 seconds or until they are a light golden brown; drain on paper towel.
- Place the tortilla strips in a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Top with cooked poultry, salsa and shredded cheese.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly around the edges.
- Serve with sour cream or guacamole.