Black Bean and Chicken Chilaquiles
- Ready In:
- cooking spray
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 15 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 7 3⁄4 ounces salsa de chile fresco
- 15 (6 inch) corn tortillas, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 cup shredded queso blanco
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add onion; saute 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add garlic, saute 1 minute.
- Add chicken, cook 30 seconds.
- Transfer mixture to a medium bowl; stir in beans.
- Add broth and salsa to pan, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Place half of tortilla strips in bottom of an 11 x 7 baking dish, coated with cooking spray.
- Layer half of chicken mixture over tortillas, top with remaining tortillas and chicken mixture.
- Pour broth mixture evenly over chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 450 for 10 minutes or until tortillas are lightly browned and cheese is melted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Delicious! Wonderful flavor and quick to put together. Good for you--black beans and chicken. I added 4 stalks of celery, chopped, and had to saute longer--about 10 minutes because of the celery. I also added chopped black olives and green onions after it came out of the oven. This freezes well, too. Made for Fall PAC.