Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A wonderful alternative to the hamburger.
- 3 cups raw ground chicken
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 slices American cheese or 4 slices cheddar cheese, 1 ounce each
- 4 large hamburger buns, cut horizontally into halves
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 -8 slices tomatoes
- Mix chicken, eggs, onion, bread crumbs, parsley, parmesan cheese, salt, baking soda, pepper and oregano in large bowl.
- Shape mixture into 4 round patties.
- Heat butter and oil in large skillet over medium-low heat until butter melts.
- Add patties and cook until golden, 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Place 1 slice of cheese on each patty.
- Cover skillet; cook until cheese melts, about 1 minute.
- Spread each bun with 1 tablespoon mayonnaise.
- Arrange lettuce leaf over bottom half of each bun.
- Top with a patty, 1 or 2 slices tomato and top half of bun.
- Serve hot.