Prep 35 mins
Cook 45 mins
Tan and lovely..no,not the girl from Ipanema. A quick and easy recipe that we love, from the America the Majestic cookbook. Chicken breasts in their own pockets. Very nice presentation.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 egg, well beaten
- flour, for later
- cold water
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 4 tablespoons plain yogurt
- Sift flour and cut in the shortening.
- Add onion, thyme, tumeric& cumin.
- Mix well and add the egg& enough cold water to make a dough.
- Do not overwork dough.
- Divide them into four balls, dust in extra flour,& chill for 30 minutes.
- Butter a baking sheet (with sides).
- Place the chicken breasts on baking sheet-- a few inches apart.
- Brush with melted butter and top each one with a tablespoon of yogurt.
- Roll the dough into 4 inch rounds, and place over each chicken breast (making sure to tuck the dough under each one).
- Bake for 40-45 minutes at 375F or 180 degrees C.