Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Cheese and chicken "burritos". Easy and very tasty. My friend with 7 children gave me this recipe. We like to eat the leftovers and they are always gone before long.
- 12 large flour tortillas
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3⁄4 lb monterey jack cheese, grated
- 4 sliced green onions, with tops
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced chili peppers
- 3⁄4 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- Combine: soup, chili peppers, sour cream and green onions.
- Add the Jack cheese.
- Remove 2 cups of mixture and add chicken.
- Spoon chicken into tortillas.
- Roll and place into a buttered 9x13-inch pan.
- The tortillas can be placed on top of each other if necessary.
- Pour the rest of the soup mixture over the tortillas and cover with cheddar cheese.
- Spray foil and cover top of casserole.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 to 40 minutes.
This was a big hit! I halved the reciped since there are just 2 of us and omitted the green onions (personal taste). Very easy to make. Make sure you don't omit the chili peppers, they really kick up the flavor.
My DH really loved this, he usually just says something like, "dinner was good" but he was raving about this one. I followed the recipe almost exatly, I added a little chopped jelapeno because I only had 1/2 a can of chilis. I think that made a little extra spicy, but the cheesy flavor was still awesome! Made for PAC spring 09