Authentic Mexican - Arroz Roja
Published for ZWT III. "A zesty red rice flavored with red chile sauce. A great side dish for tacos, enchiladas and burritos"
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked white rice
- 1 red chili pepper, fresh, seeded and finely diced
- 1 cup red chili sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1⁄2 small onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1 tablespoon oil or 1 tablespoon lard
- Saute garlic, onions and red chile in oil over medium heat for about 1 minute. Add in the rice and stir frequently until rice begins to brown.
- Add in the chicken stock and chile sauce and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and bring rice to slow simmer. Cook for 18-20 minutes without removing the lid.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Made this last night as a side to our dinner and it was so hot that we threw the whole batch away (and we like things spicy). Perhaps there is a type of Mexican red chile sauce that would have been more mild. I had an Asian one that I used.....If you are using an Asian red chile sauce, you will want to cut the sauce way back.