Recipe by Paulette Tripp
I substituted green beans for brocoli and used french fried onions on top mixed in with a few less crackers.Also easily add cooked diced chicken.
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked white rice
- 10 ounces broccoli florets
- 10 ounces cauliflower florets
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb processed cheese food, cubed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 5 3⁄8 fluid ounces milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed buttery round crackers
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Simmer broccoli and cauliflower florets in water for 10 minutes, or until crunchy. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and saute onion. Stir cauliflower, broccoli and rice into the saucepan. Once the vegetables and rice are coated, stir in the cheese, chicken soup and milk. Transfer the entire mixture to a 9x13 inch baking dish and sprinkle the crackers on top.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 30 minutes.