Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Crispy outside and tender inside, Italian-style chicken cakes go from start to finish in 20 minutes from Betty Crocker.
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups rotisserie-cooked chicken, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup pasta sauce, heated
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- In medium bowl, mix bread crumbs, egg, milk, Parmesan cheese and garlic salt. Stir in chicken.
- Shape chicken mixture by about 1/4 cupfuls into 8 (3-inch) cakes.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook cakes in oil 4 to 5 minutes, turning once, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve cakes topped with pasta sauce and mozzarella cheese.
Quick and easy, and a great way to use up leftover BBQ/Rotisserie chicken.
I think our cup measures are probably smaller than your American ones here in Australia, because no way could I have stretched the mix to 8 cakes, just managed 6 smallish ones.