Prep 1 hr
Cook 40 mins
This dish is loaded with lots of veggies and has great flavor! There is not a lot of guilt when you eat this. Use your favorite Alfredo sauce to change up the flavor. I look for the sauces with the lowest fat content. I've made this a couple of times now and made some changes to try to get it just right. I think this is it! You can use ground chicken or turkey. We like the ground turkey. Serve this with a green salad and you've got a great meal.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground chicken
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup bottled roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli cuts, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, matchsticks chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) jars alfredo sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 9 whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook ground chicken (or turkey) in large non-stick pan along with chopped onion. Salt and pepper meat while cooking. Halfway through cooking add minced garlic. Cook until done. Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl combine ground meat mixture, chopped spinach, chopped red peppers, chopped broccoli, chopped carrots, lemon juice, and Alfredo Sauce.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick spray. Lay three noodles on the bottom. Put 1/3 of the mixture on top of noodles. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and then parmesan cheese. Bake uncovered for 40 minutes or until heated through.
- I usually put it under the broiler for a few minutes so the top gets a little brown.
I'm not a huge alfredo fan and when I made it I thought the spinach would be overpowering, but I LOVED it. It certainly didn't taste spinachy. My daughter loved it too. What can I say about my husband, picky, picky, picky. :-)