Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I like this recipe, my friend made it at a party where we were also invited.
- 500 g skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into 12 pieces
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium red onion, halved, sliced
- 1 large green capsicum
- 300 g celery ribs
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 400 g peeled tomatoes, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup button mushroom
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 cups instant polenta
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- Season chicken with pepper.Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over moderately high heat.Add chicken, cook until browned on both sides. Remove from pan.
- Add onions, capsicum,celery and carrots to the pan.Cook over low heat until vegetables are soft.Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes,mushrooms,lemon juice and chilli flakes; bring to simmer.
- Return chicken to pan,cover with crumpled,wet baking paper and simmer over low heat until chicken is cooked through,about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile,prepare polenta following packet directions,using water or stock.Spoon polenta into bowls,add chicken mixture and sprinkle with parsley.