Chicken burgers, made with a dash of heat are topped with a peach-and-pear condiment.
Make and share this Chicken Burgers With Fresh Fruit Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup sweet and sour sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons cilantro (or parsley snipped fresh )
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 medium peaches, peeled, pitted, and chopped (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 pear, cored and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
- For salsa, in a medium bowl combine sweet-and-sour sauce, garlic, cilantro or parsley, lemon juice, and crushed red pepper.
- Stir in peaches, pear, and the 1 tablespoon chopped onion.
- Cover and chill up to 4 hours.
- In another medium bowl combine the chicken, remaining 1/2 cup onion, basil, seasoned salt, black pepper, and hot pepper sauce; mix well.
- Shape into four 3/4-inch-thick patties.
- Grill meat on the grill rack directly over medium-hot coals for 14 to 18 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in side of patty registers 165 degrees F, turning once, (Or, grill, covered, indirectly with medium heat for 20 to 25 minutes.)
- Serve burgers with salsa.