Recipe by Annacia
Chicken burgers, made with a dash of heat are topped with a peach-and-pear condiment.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
Wonderful dish, loved the salsa! I added one apricot, too, couldn't resist :) And in place of the cilantro I used thai basil and vietnamese coriander. Oh, and I accidentally dumped the garlic into the ground meat, but that actually wasn't bad. I'll make this again, it was so refreshing and yummy, and easy to put together, too. Thanks for sharing!
- 1⁄3 cup sweet and sour sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons cilantro (or parsley snipped fresh )
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 medium peaches, peeled, pitted, and chopped (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 pear, cored and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- For salsa, in a medium bowl combine sweet-and-sour sauce, garlic, cilantro or parsley, lemon juice, and crushed red pepper.
- Stir in peaches, pear, and the 1 tablespoon chopped onion.
- Cover and chill up to 4 hours.
- In another medium bowl combine the chicken, remaining 1/2 cup onion, basil, seasoned salt, black pepper, and hot pepper sauce; mix well.
- Shape into four 3/4-inch-thick patties.
- Grill meat on the grill rack directly over medium-hot coals for 14 to 18 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in side of patty registers 165 degrees F, turning once, (Or, grill, covered, indirectly with medium heat for 20 to 25 minutes.)
- Serve burgers with salsa.