Chicken burgers, made with a dash of heat are topped with a peach-and-pear condiment.
Make and share this Chicken Burgers With Fresh Fruit Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup sweet and sour sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons cilantro (or parsley snipped fresh )
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 medium peaches, peeled, pitted, and chopped (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 pear, cored and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
- For salsa, in a medium bowl combine sweet-and-sour sauce, garlic, cilantro or parsley, lemon juice, and crushed red pepper.
- Stir in peaches, pear, and the 1 tablespoon chopped onion.
- Cover and chill up to 4 hours.
- In another medium bowl combine the chicken, remaining 1/2 cup onion, basil, seasoned salt, black pepper, and hot pepper sauce; mix well.
- Shape into four 3/4-inch-thick patties.
- Grill meat on the grill rack directly over medium-hot coals for 14 to 18 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in side of patty registers 165 degrees F, turning once, (Or, grill, covered, indirectly with medium heat for 20 to 25 minutes.)
- Serve burgers with salsa.
Wonderful dish, loved the salsa! I added one apricot, too, couldn't resist :) And in place of the cilantro I used thai basil and vietnamese coriander. Oh, and I accidentally dumped the garlic into the ground meat, but that actually wasn't bad. I'll make this again, it was so refreshing and yummy, and easy to put together, too. Thanks for sharing!
this was pretty good. I used dried oregano instead of basil since thats what i had on hand. and i got a very nice tasting juicy burger. with a yummy salsa with an interesting zip to it.
I had to make a few minor changes, due to the seasonal aspect of fresh fruit! I had to use my own canned peaches and pears instead of fresh - and then I poached the ingredients together for about 5 minutes, as Malcolm can not tolerate raw onions and chillies at present! So although I made the salsa to the recipe ingredients, it was a hot, as in heat salsa! The chicken burgers I made in my food processor, I over processed the meat a bit! I used a VERY nifty little gadget I got for my birthday - a Burger press/mould - to be honest, I think I prefer the rough look actually, but they are good for size control! We ate these for lunch today - and the flavours are AMAZING! LOVED - JUST loved the flavour of the burgers, as minced chicken can be bland! The salsa may not have looked as it should, sorry Annacia, but the flavours were deep and intense - great! I WILL make these again - with uncooked salsa - and also the rough way for the burgers too!! LOL! Made for Photo Tag - GREAT flavours - just lovely - a Company Burger! Thanks! FT:-)