1/3 Photos of Chicken Burgers With Fresh Fruit Salsa
Chicken burgers, made with a dash of heat are topped with a peach-and-pear condiment.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup sweet and sour sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons cilantro (or parsley snipped fresh )
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 medium peaches, peeled, pitted, and chopped (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 pear, cored and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1For salsa, in a medium bowl combine sweet-and-sour sauce, garlic, cilantro or parsley, lemon juice, and crushed red pepper.
- 2Stir in peaches, pear, and the 1 tablespoon chopped onion.
- 3Cover and chill up to 4 hours.
- 4In another medium bowl combine the chicken, remaining 1/2 cup onion, basil, seasoned salt, black pepper, and hot pepper sauce; mix well.
- 5Shape into four 3/4-inch-thick patties.
- 6Grill meat on the grill rack directly over medium-hot coals for 14 to 18 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in side of patty registers 165 degrees F, turning once, (Or, grill, covered, indirectly with medium heat for 20 to 25 minutes.)
- 7Serve burgers with salsa.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Burgers With Fresh Fruit Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.3
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 79.4 mg
- Sodium 174.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 25.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: