This juicy patty tastes like a ballpark sausage. Slightly modified from Rachel Ray.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese or 2/3 cup romano cheese
- 4 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fennel seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 orange, juice and rind of (peel grated)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (plus more for drizzling)
- 1/4 lb pancetta, chopped
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey or 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 crusty rolls, split
- 2 cups salad greens
- 1Preheat grill to med-high.
- 2In a large bowl, combine chicken,cheese, garlic, rosemary, fennel seeds, red pepper, allspice, orange peel,and 1/4 tsp salt. Season with black pepper to taste.
- 3Form mixture into 4 patties, pressing your thumb into the center of each to keep it from bulging as it cooks. Set aside.
- 4In medium skillet, heat 2 tbs of olive oil.
- 5Add the pancetta and cook until crisp, 3-4 minutes.
- 6Add onions and season with salt and pepper.
- 7Add the bay leaf and cook, stirring occasionally,until the onions begin to brown, about 10 minutes.
- 8Discard the bay leaf and stir in vinegar,honey, Worcestershire sauce, and orange juice.
- 9Cook, stirring occasionally, 6-7 minutes.
- 10Add a little water if sauce begins to dry out.
- 11Drizzle patties liberally with olive oil.
- 12Grill until firm to the touch but still juicy, about 5 minutes per side.
- 13Transfer to plate and let rest for 5 minutes.
- 14Toast rolls on the grill and drizzle with olive oil.
- 15Pile salad greens on bottoms of rolls.
- 16Top greens with chicken patty and onion sauce and top of roll.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Burgers With Barbecue Onion Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (501 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 772.5
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 209.7 mg
- Sodium 808.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 22.4 g
- Protein 54.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: