Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This juicy patty tastes like a ballpark sausage. Slightly modified from Rachel Ray.
Make and share this Chicken Burgers With Barbecue Onion Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese or 2⁄3 cup romano cheese
- 4 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fennel seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 orange, juice and rind of (peel grated)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (plus more for drizzling)
- 1⁄4 lb pancetta, chopped
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey or 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 crusty rolls, split
- 2 cups salad greens
- Preheat grill to med-high.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken,cheese, garlic, rosemary, fennel seeds, red pepper, allspice, orange peel,and 1/4 tsp salt. Season with black pepper to taste.
- Form mixture into 4 patties, pressing your thumb into the center of each to keep it from bulging as it cooks. Set aside.
- In medium skillet, heat 2 tbs of olive oil.
- Add the pancetta and cook until crisp, 3-4 minutes.
- Add onions and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the bay leaf and cook, stirring occasionally,until the onions begin to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Discard the bay leaf and stir in vinegar,honey, Worcestershire sauce, and orange juice.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, 6-7 minutes.
- Add a little water if sauce begins to dry out.
- Drizzle patties liberally with olive oil.
- Grill until firm to the touch but still juicy, about 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer to plate and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Toast rolls on the grill and drizzle with olive oil.
- Pile salad greens on bottoms of rolls.
- Top greens with chicken patty and onion sauce and top of roll.