Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry plain breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, halved,lightly toasts
- 4 lettuce leaves
Creamy Horseradish Sauce
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup bottled horseradish, drained
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine chicken, onion, crumbs, worcestershire, hot pepper sauce, salt and egg white in bowl.
- Form 4 patties, 1" each.
- Coat large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place over medium heat.
- Add patties; cook, covered, until browned, 5 minutes.
- Turn; cook, covered, until no longer pink in center, about 5 minutes.
- Spread each bun half with 1 tb sauce.
- Use 1 lettuce leaf and top with burger.
- Creamy Horseradish Sauce: Combine sour cream, horseradish, vinegar and pepper in small bowl.
- Refrigerate, covered, for up to 3 days.
I actually just wanted the horseradish sauce, but your chicken burger sounds good, too! I halved the recipe and used nonfat sour cream and bottled creamed horseradish (just 1 TBSP... this stuff was strong)! It turned out yummy! Thank you for my condiment of choice!