Recipe by English_Rose
Kids will go crazy for these fun nibbles. Have fun in the kitchen - your little ones will love helping you make these tasty star-shaped crisp bites. TIP – Feel free to express your creativity in the kitchen with all sorts of leftover combinations for alternative crispbites!
- 7 ounces potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 7 ounces left over roast chicken
- 5 ounces broccoli, cut into small florets
- 3 1⁄2 ounces sweetcorn (fresh, frozen or tinned)
- 1 lemon, Zest of
- 3 1⁄2 ounces all purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 7 ounces breadcrumbs
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the potatoes in a small pan, cover with cold water and add a pinch of salt. Bring the water to the boil and cook the potatoes for 10-15 minutes, or until soft, then drain. Pop the potatoes back into the pan and mash them, but do not add any butter or milk. Transfer the mashed potatoes to a mixing bowl and leave to cool.
- When cool mix in the chopped chicken, broccoli and sweetcorn and season. Dust a surface with flour then turn out the mixture onto the surface. With a floured rolling pin, roll the mixture out to about an inch thick, then with various sized star-shaped cutters cut out lots of the bites.
- Put the flour, beaten egg and breadcrumbs on three separate plates. Dip the bites in each in order – flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan until it reaches a good sizzling temperature, then fry the bites for 2 mins on each side until crisp or golden. You can place in a warm oven while you finish the rest.